Jet2.com and Jet2holidays reports Winter demand as ‘returning to pre-pandemic’ levels as capacity hiked
Jet2.com and Jet2holidays have reported that demand for winter holidays is returning to pre-pandemic levels as they add more flights and holidays to the Canary Islands and Turkey for Winter 21/22 from nine UK bases, on the back of very strong demand from holidaymakers looking to enjoy some winter sunshine.
The additional flights to Tenerife, Lanzarote, Fuerteventura, Gran Canaria, Antalya, and Dalaman from the award-winning airline and UK’s leading operator to the Canaries are now on sale from Birmingham, Bristol, East Midlands, Edinburgh, Leeds Bradford, Glasgow, Manchester, Newcastle, and London Stansted Airports. It means Jet2.com and Jet2holidays are offering an unrivalled programme of flights and holidays to the Canary Island destinations and Turkey for Winter 21/22.
Today’s news follows recent capacity increases from Jet2.com and Jet2holidays for October and comes on the back of demand that is returning to pre-pandemic levels after the Government announced recent changes to international travel, meaning that customers can look forward to booking and travelling on flights and holidays to all the companies’ leisure destinations across the Mediterranean and Canary Islands this winter.
With 43 Winter Sun, ski and leisure city destinations on sale from across their ten UK bases this winter, the leading tour operator to many leisure destinations across the Mediterranean and Canary Islands last week added extra capacity for October, and has today responded again to ongoing demand, this time for holidays in Winter 21/22.
As a result, customers and independent travel agents now have even greater choice and flexibility when it comes to enjoying or offering a holiday in the sunshine this Winter 21/22, with the following additional flights being added:
- Birmingham – additional Tuesday services now departing to Tenerife from 9th November to 23rd November, means the award-winning airline and tour operator is offering two daily services from the base between these dates. This is on top of additional Tuesday services to the Canary Island destination on 4th January and more flights to Dalaman on the 2nd November.
- Bristol – extra Monday and Friday services operating to Dalaman from the base on 5th and 8th November. In addition, additional Wednesday services have been added to Tenerife from 3rd November up to 15th December, extra Sunday services from 9th January to 6th February and more Thursday services from 17th February to 24th March with the UK’s leading operator to the Canaries.
- East Midlands – introduction of new Wednesday services to Tenerife from 24th November to 15th December, meaning daily services to the destination, as well as extra Wednesday services to the popular Winter Sun destination from 12th January to 9th February. New Friday services to Dalaman also available from the base on 5th November.
- Edinburgh – additional Tuesday services added to Dalaman on 2nd November, as well as new Monday services to Lanzarote on 10th January.
- Leeds Bradford – additional Friday services added to Dalaman on 5th and 12th November. This is in addition to more flights being added to the Canaries, including new Sunday services to Tenerife available from 6th November to 20th November, new Saturday services from 27th November to 18th December and extra Wednesday services from 12th January to 9th February. There are also new Sunday services available to Fuerteventura on 9th January.
- Glasgow – extra Friday services added from 5th November to 12th November to Dalaman and more Monday and Friday services to Lanzarote from 7th January to 10th January.
- Manchester – addition of new Saturday and Sunday services from 6th November to 27th November, meaning two daily services to Tenerife during this time, in addition to extra Monday services to the popular Canary Island destination from 8th November to 13th December. Extra Tuesday services to Antalya available from 2nd November to 9th November, as well as new Monday services on 15th November. New Sunday services also added to Lanzarote from 7th November to 21st November, as well as more Thursday services from 4th November to 30th December. Increased services to Gran Canaria and Fuerteventura at Christmas and New Year. This offers plenty of choice and flexibility to customers in the North West looking to visit these sunshine hotspots this winter.
- Newcastle – new Saturday services now departing from 6th November to 18th December, meaning daily services during this period to Tenerife, as well as new Wednesday services from 12th January to 9th February. This is on top of additional Friday and Monday services operating to Dalaman on 5th and 8th November.
- London Stansted – additional Friday services now departing to Tenerife from 5th November to 19th November, meaning daily services to the Winter Sun destination with the UK’s leading operator to the Canaries. In addition, new Sunday services have been added from the base to Tenerife and Fuerteventura on 9th January.
Following the recent easing of travel restrictions, alongside the replacing of day two PCR tests with lateral flow tests, customers have been flocking to book holidays for Winter 21/22. These welcome steps have resulted in the companies experiencing enormous demand for half-term, autumn, and winter, with the Canary Islands and Turkey proving to be amongst the most popular Winter Sun destinations.
Steve Heapy, CEO of Jet2.com and Jet2holidays, said: “Customers are recognising that international travel is genuinely reopening following the welcome news from the Government on lateral flow tests, and we have seen winter demand from holidaymakers returning to pre-pandemic levels. As such, our Winter Sun programme is looking very busy, with customers flocking to get that much-needed holiday booked in after facing lockdowns and harsh travel restrictions for so long.
“In response to that demand, we have added an even greater choice of flights for Winter 21/22 to our most popular destinations in the Canary Islands and Turkey, giving customers and independent travel agents even more opportunity to enjoy a break this winter. With customers missing out for so long, it’s not too late to get away to the sun and enjoy our award-winning customer service. There are some great deals available for some Winter Sun, and we are confident that these extra flights will prove very popular, as customers jump at the chance to book and travel on their well-deserved holidays once again.”