Team: UX Design & Front End Development
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours Per Week: 40 Hours
Front End Developer, based at Holiday House in Leeds City Centre.
Here at customers are and we strive to exceed expectations. We are looking for a Front End Developer to join our team, Taking Responsibility to help drive a culture of change by inspiring and motivating colleagues to continuously improve our ways of working. Working as in an , we believe that our honest culture, combined with great opportunities for learning makes Jet2.com and Jet2holidays a great place to work and leads to better service for our all-important customers.
What will you do in the role?
As a, you will be that will produce the visual elements of the websites. You will work closely with and , taking an active role on both sides and define how the websites look as well as work. You will also:
- Develop new reusable components
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UX designs
- Optimise code to be as performant as possible
- Collaborate with other team members, backend development teams & stakeholders
- Develop A/B & multivariant tests
You will be a strong with a supporting portfolio to showcase your skills and experience. You will be able to bridge the gap between design and technology, therefore strong technical skills are a given. You will also:
- Be number of mobile visitors
- Be comfortable building components for a CMS
- Have a deep understanding of usability and accessibility standards and approaches
- Be a strong and effective
- Have proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3 & SCSS
- Have good understanding of Gulp, Node & Webpack
- Vue.js experience is desirable, however training is available if required.
We have been recognised as one of the Top 50 Best Places to Work in the UK on Glassdoor and offer our valued colleagues a range of benefits including: -
- Competitive salary
- Contributory pension scheme
- 26 days holiday entitlement per annum (plus bank holidays)
- 3 x salary life assurance
- Generous Discretionary Profit Share Scheme
- Colleague discounts on Jet2holidays and Jet2.com holidays and flights
- Share Save scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Access to Mental Health First Aiders
- Annual pay review
- Many retail discounts on – travel and leisure, health, and wellbeing, eating out, shopping and lifestyle
We offer an with in a growing business.
This is a great opportunity to be part of an exciting, forward-thinking business. We operate scheduled leisure flights to holiday destinations in the Mediterranean, the Canary Islands and to European Leisure Cities from our 10 UK bases.
Help us to send our all-important customers on holiday with and !!