Contract Type: Permanent
Hours Per Week: 40 Hours
Senior API Test Engineer, based at Holiday House in Leeds City Centre. This is a home-working role, allowing you the ability and scope to work flexibly without the need for travel.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Senior API Test Engineer to join our E-commerce team. E-commerce are responsible for the development of our award-winning websites, Jet2.com and Jet2holidays.com. We deliver scalable, robust and high-performance solutions to support the continued growth of the business and help ‘Create Memories’ by providing an excellent customer experience.
What will you do in the role?
As a Senior API Test Engineer, you will assist and coordinate with Business, Test Specialists, Lead Test Engineers and Architects to understand the Test Requirements and Test Architecture to ensure the System is designed with quality in mind and are testable. You will also:
- Take Responsibility for writing/implementing/maintaining high quality and robust API and/or UI automation scripts, designing/developing frameworks from scratch.
- Undertake requirement analysis and validation, transforming the business requirements into different layers of testing with an appropriate justification (Unit, Acceptance, E2E Testing)
- Champion BDD process (example mapping, writing scenarios, reviews) to essentially act as a bridge between dev, test, and business
- Work closely with Test Specialists and Lead Test Engineer to support in setting out the overall Test Strategy, Test Approach/Standards, run POCs
- Engage with the Test Community, sharing ideas, thoughts and solutions to help evolve as a QA team
- Coach and mentor the junior Testers, Test Engineers and help the management/leadership team in nurturing internal talent
- Explore different tools, processes, ways or working as per the industry standards and help to implement such ideas.
Our Senior API Test Engineer will have previous experience of automating RESTful APIs and have strong experience in a programming language (ideally in .NET). Previous experience in coaching, mentoring and developing Junior Test Engineers/Testers would be beneficial. You will also have:
- Experience in creating/maintaining automation tests and have the ability to debug through the tests
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong experience with BDD framework tooling (SpecFlow, Cucumber)
- Knowledge of Mocking Mechanism with exposure of Wiremock, Interceptor Pattern or any equivalent tool
- Experience in building/designing test frameworks
- Good experience in overall defect management, root cause analysis, triage and reporting
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner
- Knowledge of different levels of testing (Unit, Acceptance, End to End)
- Experience with Git based source control tools and working in an agile environment
- Ideally you will have good working knowledge of containerisation, with exposure of Docker or any equivalent tool
- Knowledge of In Memory Hosting of a System Under Test is also preferable.
We have been recognised as one of the Top 50 Best Places to Work in the UK on Glassdoor and offer our valued colleagues a range of benefits including: -
- Competitive salary
- Contributory pension scheme
- 34 days holiday entitlement per annum (including Bank Holidays)
- 3 x salary life assurance
- Generous Discretionary Profit Share Scheme
- Colleague discounts on Jet2holidays and Jet2.com holidays and flights
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Access to Mental Health First Aiders
- Annual pay review
- Many retail discounts on – travel and leisure, health, and wellbeing, eating out, shopping and lifestyle.
We offer an excellent remuneration package with fantastic opportunities for progression in a growing business.
This is a great opportunity to be part of an exciting, forward-thinking business. We operate scheduled leisure flights to holiday destinations in the Mediterranean, the Canary Islands and to European Leisure Cities from our 10 UK bases.
Help us to send our all-important customers on holiday with Jet2.com and Jet2holidays!!