Team: IT Operations
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours Per Week: 40 Hours
Cloud Infrastructure Manager, based at Holiday House in Leeds City Centre.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of IT Infrastructure & Cloud Operations, our Cloud Infrastructure Manager will be responsible for leading a small team to design, develop, deliver, and evolve the Cloud Infrastructure for Jet2 PLC. You will Take Responsibility and assume a leading role from inception to delivery and continual support of all elements of the cloud platforms. Working as One Team, you will play a key part in the cloud evolution of the business.
What will you do in the role?
Our Cloud Infrastructure Manager provide engineering services for public cloud, including direction and delivery via a small team of cloud engineers. You’ll work closely with various areas of the organisation to define, architect and enable the delivery of cloud capabilities and solutions, focusing on infrastructure and platform as a service across multiple cloud vendors (Microsoft, Amazon & Google).
As a leader you will evangelise an Infrastructure as Code mindset and discipline to the wider Technology Development Teams. As a result, this requires walking the talk for the disciplined use of development and/or scripting, checking code into source control, testing and validating the automation, using the CI/CD toolchains, instrumentation/operational support patterns and code quality tools, and educating others about this approach to enable public cloud use to scale.
Your role will include responsibility for:
- Planning, designing, developing & maintaining all Infrastructure as Code artifacts
- Agreeing and implementing all appropriate Guard Rails to enforce agreed standards
- Management of all Cloud environments in accordance with security guidelines
- Incident & Problem Management of the Cloud Platform tickets
- Defining, implementing and maintaining agreed backup standards
- Ensuring all resources in the Cloud are optimised to minimise all waste
- Creating & maintaining development plans for all team members
What are the key skills/experience you’ll already have?
Our Cloud Infrastructure Manager will have a solid understanding with 2 years+ of experience (including hands-on) of working with Cloud platforms and knowledge covering the design and deployment of systems in one or more of the major cloud vendors (Azure/GCP/AWS). You will also: -
- Be certified with one of the major cloud platforms (Azure preferable)
- Have a proven track record and experience of working in high availability environments (preferably eCommerce) and operational platforms.
- Have an excellent understanding of Networking technologies
- Have a good understanding of Database technologies
- Have a srong understanding of Containerisation technologies (e.g. Kubernetes)
- Have a strong understanding of CI/CD pipelines including the use of Terraform
- Have a strong understanding of Alerting & Monitoring
- Have a strong understanding of security in the cloud
- Have good Billing & Financial Management Awareness
We have been recognised as one of the Top 50 Best Places to Work in the UK on Glassdoor and offer our valued colleagues a range of benefits including: -
- Hybrid working – we’re in the office on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays
- Competitive salary, with annual pay review
- Contributory pension scheme
- 34 days holiday entitlement per annum (including Bank Holidays)
- 3 x salary life assurance
- Generous Discretionary Profit Share Scheme
- Colleague discounts on Jet2holidays and Jet2.com holidays and flights
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Access to Mental Health First Aiders
- Many retail discounts on – travel and leisure, health, and wellbeing, eating out, shopping and lifestyle
This is a hybrid role working 3 days a week in the office, with the ability and scope to work flexibly from home for the remaining time.
We offer an excellent remuneration package with fantastic opportunities for progression in a growing business.
This is a great opportunity to be part of an exciting, forward-thinking business. We operate scheduled leisure flights to holiday destinations in the Mediterranean, the Canary Islands and to European Leisure Cities from our 10 UK bases.
Help us to send our all-important customers on holiday with Jet2.com and Jet2holidays!!