Contract Type: Permanent
Hours Per Week: 40 Hours
Senior Test Engineer, based at Holiday House in Leeds City Centre. This is a home working role, allowing you the ability and scope to work flexibly without the need for travel.
Jet2.com and Jet2holidays are looking for a Senior Test Engineer to join our fast-moving and growing
Revenue Systems development team. This is an exciting role, working across a breadth of systems and technologies which are used to ensure that our holidays and flights are priced competitively.
We have new projects commencing, Working as One Team with our colleagues in Pune, India where our Jet2 Technologies Office are looking to introduce new technologies. We are looking for fun and passionate technical people to join our team, eager to work with our remote team and our colleagues and UK business, so clear and concise communication skills are a given.
What will you do in the role?
You will be joining a fast-paced scrum team, made up of testers, test engineers, developers and business owners, working collaboratively with the rest of the team to ensure that risk is mitigated through testing. Continuous improvement is key to the role and you will be expected to feed into the technical standards of the team and investigate ways to continually improve the automation suite. You will also:
- Be working closely with the Test Team Lead and the wider team, ensuring the timely and quality delivery of projects in an Agile manner
- Ensure automated tests run automatically to schedule, results are reported and any defects are triaged.
- As this is a ‘hands-on role’ to test in-house applications, you will be writing high quality and robust Web API and Web UI automation scripts which will be added to new and existing test suites.
- Using C# and Selenium, you will create and maintain high quality and robust Web API & UI automated tests using the BDD (Behaviour Driven Development) approach
- Deliver regression reporting on automated test runs
- Perform code reviews and provide feedback in a constructive manner
- Defect triaging and reporting
- Mentor and develop junior team members
- Look to continuously improve the automated test coverage of the team and the strategy to deliver this.
What are the key skills / experience you’ll already have?
We are looking for people who are enthusiastic, creative, passionate about technology and who take a ‘hands-on’ approach. You will:
- Have prior experience in a Test Engineer, Senior Test Engineer or similar role
- Have excellent knowledge of various programming languages such as C# & .NET
- Be competent with databases and have strong SQL skills
- Ideally have worked with TFS and Git version control
- Be able to convey information to non-technical colleagues in a concise and clear way
- Be self-motivated to deliver tasks in a timely manner
- Be a team player with excellent communication skills
- Previous experience working with remote teams is a considerable positive.
What can we offer you?
We have been recognised as one of the Top 50 Best Places to Work in the UK on Glassdoor and offer our valued colleagues a range of benefits including: -
- Competitive salary, with annual pay review
- Contributory pension scheme
- 34 days holiday entitlement per annum (including Bank Holidays)
- 3 x salary life assurance
- Generous Discretionary Profit Share Scheme
- Colleague discounts on Jet2holidays and Jet2.com holidays and flights
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Access to Mental Health First Aiders
- Many retail discounts on – travel and leisure, health, and wellbeing, eating out, shopping and lifestyle
This is a home working role, allowing you the ability and scope to work flexibly without the need for travel, but it can also be done on a hybrid basis, working from the office on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
We offer an excellent remuneration package with fantastic opportunities for progression in a growing business.
This is a great opportunity to be part of an exciting, forward-thinking business. We operate scheduled leisure flights to holiday destinations in the Mediterranean, the Canary Islands and to European Leisure Cities from our 10 UK bases.
Help us to send our all-important customers on holiday with Jet2.com and Jet2holidays!!