Technical Specialist, based at Holiday House in Leeds City Centre. This is a hybrid role with the ability and scope to work flexibly from home.
Jet2.com and Jet2holidays are looking for a Technical Specialist to join our Leeds city centre office. This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to Take Responsibility and progress from a lead developer and expand their technical expertise and responsibilities. Our business has been consistently growing year-on-year and we are continuing to expand our e-Commerce Delivery teams.
What will you do in the role?
The Technical Specialist is the design authority within their area and the main responsibilities include:
What are the key skills / experience you’ll already have? As we are currently working with C#, .NET Core, Kafka, Kubernetes, Docker, Akka.Net, Web API and MS SQL amongst others, an understanding of the use of these technologies will be essential to help us take our containerised microservices architecture forward. You will also:
- Working to inform and implement the business-wide technical strategy lead by our Enterprise Architecture team
- Guiding multiple Scrum Development Teams forward and working alongside our Development and Test Managers to provide ways of working, standards and practices to implement the defined technical roadmap
- Providing architectural guidance and risk analysis for new feature implementations and deciding the approach for new initiatives
- Ensuring future work drives continual improvement in our technical solutions to sustain the delivery of high quality, performance, testable software.
What can we offer you?We have been recognised as one of the Top 50 Best Places to Work in the UK on Glassdoor and offer our valued colleagues a range of benefits including: -
- Have a strong technical background with a deep understanding of software architecture, development, testing and DevOps approaches
- Have a deep understanding of the relevant tech stack
- Have broad working knowledge of technical architecture and dev ops based delivery
- Have experience of innovating and designing technical implementations
- Be passionate about technology and software development
- Be a passionate technical communicator, with the ability to engage and guide technical teams in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Be able to communicate the value of a technical solution to non-technical stakeholders.
- Competitive salary
- Contributory pension scheme
- 26 days holiday entitlement per annum (plus bank holidays)
- 3 x salary life assurance
- Generous Discretionary Profit Share Scheme
- Colleague discounts on Jet2holidays and Jet2.com holidays and flights
- Share Save scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Access to Mental Health First Aiders
- Annual pay review
- Many retail discounts on – travel and leisure, health, and wellbeing, eating out, shopping and lifestyle.
We offer an excellent remuneration package with fantastic opportunities for progression in a growing business.
This is a great opportunity to be part of an exciting, forward-thinking business. We operate scheduled leisure flights to holiday destinations in the Mediterranean, the Canary Islands and to European Leisure Cities from our 10 UK bases.
Help us to send our all-important customers on holiday with Jet2.com and Jet2holidays!!