Team: Risk & Safety
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours Per Week: 40 Hours
Risk & Safety Manager, based Overseas (Resorts)
Reporting to the Regional Risk & Safety Manager, the Risk & Safety Manager will be responsible for supporting the company in delivering industry leading risk and safety standards for customers staying within our overseas resorts.
What will you do in the role?
Working closely with our internal and external stakeholders, responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Acting as a champion of customer safety for Jet2holidays
- Managing own workload and regional portfolio of hotels and accommodation
- Supporting hoteliers and other suppliers in addressing Risk & Safety concerns identified during inspection processes and following any incidents or illnesses to conclusion
- Working with the wider business including Contracting, Legal/Claims team, Resorts teams (Overseas Operations), Accommodation (Hotels, Villas & City locations), Transport and Excursion providers
- Providing support to the broader Risk & Safety Department and Overseas teams as required e.g., assisting in the smooth running of our on-sale process by liaising with suppliers to complete the required assessments, incident and building work case management
- Carrying out and managing excursion and activity risk assessments where required and following up with suppliers on issues identified in any inspections
- Helping suppliers address any issues raised, revisiting, and reviewing to ensure actions have been undertaken
- Advising and supporting the Overseas teams when they are carrying our safety aspects of their role
- Ensuring subsequent follow-ups, making sure any ongoing controls are implemented for all Jet2holidays suppliers overseas
The successful candidate will have a good understanding of Hotel Risk & Safety requirements as well as having competent technical knowledge and understanding of Risk & Safety factors associated primarily with hotels/tourist accommodation and ancillary services. Other skills and experience we are looking for include:
- Previous tour operation experience is essential
- Recognised Health & Safety qualification such as NEBOSH Diploma is highly desirable
- Confident and effective communication skills
- Ability to negotiate and influence at a high level with both internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent time management skills being a ‘solutions orientated’ individual who can act logically under pressure and prioritise workloads effectively
- Risk-based decision-making skills with the ability to bring difficult situations to a positive conclusion
- IT competency
- The ability to speak a second language would be highly advantageous
What can we offer you?
We have been recognised as one of the Top 50 Best Places to Work in the UK on Glassdoor and offer our valued colleagues a range of benefits including: -
- Competitive salary, with annual pay review
- Contributory pension scheme
- 34 days holiday entitlement per annum (including Bank Holidays)
- 3 x salary life assurance
- Generous Discretionary Profit Share Scheme
- Colleague discounts on Jet2holidays and Jet2.com holidays and flights
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Access to Mental Health First Aiders
- Many retail discounts on – travel and leisure, health, and wellbeing, eating out, shopping and lifestyle
We offer an with in a growing business.
This is a great opportunity to be part of an exciting, forward-thinking business. We operate scheduled leisure flights to holiday destinations in the Mediterranean, the Canary Islands and to European Leisure Cities from our 10 UK bases.
Help us to send our all-important customers on holiday with and !